Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Date Nuit Extended

I thought date night was for old people. I thought it was for people who's relationships needed rescuing. I thought having to schedule time to be together was a sign that someone's priorities were a bit...off. I was wrong. Date night is awesome. Pencil me in!

We started off by killing time at the book store before our dinner reservation, where we picked up the latest issue of Dwell (haha...good thing I no longer take my uber cool design mag reading self seriously). Then it was off to Assagio Bistro, which was...ummm...a nice place to sit.

And sit we did. Two bleary-eyed first-timers having a slow conversation about travel, about food, about the future...re-discovering the vocabulary we had abandoned not so long ago in the blur of labor, delivery, and parenthood. It felt new and old. Remembered. Forgotten. The same and so very different.

On a whim, we ended our night at Anna Banana's, on a last-minute mission to reconnect with our friend, Jesse Savio at his weekly open mic. We said hello, and caught the first song of his set. I touched the bar top, and then my eye. My eye then started to itch. Eew.

On our way to pick up Sebastien I silently stressed about the long nights and days ahead, and tried not to provoke my sleepiness by thinking too hard about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment