Saturday, March 27, 2010

And So It Goes

The devil wears onesies.

I'm just kidding. He outgrew his onesies this week.

Onesies now look more like one-third-sies (thanks for that one Nels, and for reminding me how I just 'shat out a baby'), so it was off to Goodwill to go shopping for twosies.

Besides the fact that I've spent the past 6 weeks either half asleep or half awake, I've begun spacing out in 9 out of 10 social situations. While I once was simply shy and only partially withdrawn, I was at least observant and able to contribute. Now, I'm just dumb. And completely irrelevant.

At the dinner table the other night, I hardly had a thought other than, "What time is it? Why is mint jelly so good? Because it's so bad. Mmmm, omelettes" Over and over and over.

The only reason I'm able to keep a blog is that ability to think on my feet has been replaced with the ability to think on my ass. Intermittently.

Anyways, my point WAS...after we found some sweet digs for the little guy, we walked over to Coffee Talk to see if our friend Liz was working. Alas, she was not, but we ran into some old friends from a former life I had lived not too long ago. A life that ended abruptly when the center of that life died while free diving off Waikiki. He was incredible and amazing and a father and an artist. And when he left I was done for.

But with the help of friends and family, many gallons of `awa, a huge cloud of tobacco smoke, a whole lotta music - and an impossible love that made everything possible once again - I've made pretty good work of becoming un-done-for.

Anyways (again), my point is lost...but these friends I ran into - whom I've been avoiding subconsciously/purposely/foolishly in my misguided attempt to never be reminded of how rock-bottom felt against my face - were so good to see. And that's all.

Maybe time heals. Or maybe we decide when we're ready to just be well.

3 comments:

  1. Be well -- isn't that printed on some new age tea bag? I think the moral of the story is that you're so far removed from being "dumb" and "irrelevant" that you know when it's time to be healed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep these coming Kelli, I find myself scrolling to find them on google reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelli...what a nice blog...life is amazing...sometimes it feels like you fell over the falls and sometimes you ride the greatest waves...and most times you can just look at the ocean of life and admire it's beauty even after it's tossed you around. I enjoy your blogs :)

    btw...I prefer t-shirts and shorts over onsies...my son grew out of them too quickly...I would cut off the snaps and use them as shirts when they were to short for my boy

    ReplyDelete